Frequently Asked Questions
Lash Extensions are fibers that mimic the look and feel of mink or silk. They are very fine with a tapered end that resembles a natural lash. They are applied, one by one,using a special pair of tweezers that are designed specifically for this treatment. The adhesive that is used resists water so they will last for up to 8 weeks. Keep in mind, we shed our natural lashes daily, so a “fill” is done at 2 to 3 weeks to maintain a beautiful full set.
The entire procedure including consultation, photos and aftercare review will take approximately 2+ hours for classic and hybrid. A longer application time of 3+ for Volume and Mega Volume.
- Almost anyone is a suitable candidate for eyelash extensions! The natural lash must be at least 3mm long and in good health.
- Great for people who struggle with standard makeup products.
- It is ideal for those who swim, play sports or do other activities that would normally cause makeup to run.
- It is also good for those with poor eyesight and unsteady hands
- Weak, brittle or damaged lashes are not suitable to receive extensions. Use of a recommended lash growth serum will be advised for several weeks and then can be re-assessed.
- Anyone allergic to the adhesive or ingredients in the formulation of the product.
- Have skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis) or irritations (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.) in or near the procedure area. If there is broken skin, it must be fully healed.
- Infections or lesions, ie: ocular herpes, a stye or existing corneal abrasions/burns
- Have had sensitivities to adhesives or pigments (patch testing is available)
- Eye conditions that require use of medicated eye drops daily may affect retention
- Side or stomach sleepers-retention can be affected. Sleep on back and wear a contoured sleep mask
- Those who frequently rub their eyes-not advised or natural lash will get damaged
- Use of products containing oil - must stop the use of them
- Remove all eye makeup. If you have an ideal style in mind, bring a few reference photos to your appointment.
- If you wear contacts they must be removed. Please bring your glasses with you.
- Do not consume excess caffeine before your appointment which may make it hard for you to relax for your service
- Avoid self tanners immediately before your procedure.
- Some procedures should be done prior to your appointment
- Botox or filler (2 weeks in advance)
- Avoid swimming, hot steamy showers, direct sun, steam rooms, saunas and heavy perspiration from exercise for the first 24 hours.
- Do not use a lash curler
- Do not use any oil based products,use water based mascara(if needed)
- Do not pick, pull or rub the lashes
- Do not sleep on stomach
- Do brush daily
- Do wash with a foaming lash cleanser and fan them dry with cool air
- Do schedule your fill appointments every 2-3 weeks, or as advised
- Do have them removed professionally if desired
- Many different factors affect the retention of the lash extensions, such as skin type(oil production), lifestyle, hormones, stress level and immediate aftercare.
- Most clients will require a fill every 2-3 weeks to refresh shape and remove those that have outgrown too much