HOW DOES THE PROCEDURE WORK?
Using cutting edge tools and techniques, high quality pigment is implanted in the area of the lashes top and bottom which enhances your eye shape and color.
The design is completed in 2 sessions spaced 6-8 weeks apart and your comfort is ensured with topical numbing agents deemed safe for the delicate eye area. The eyeliner tattoo takes a few days to fully heal and for the pigment to settle, but most people return to work the following day. Your 6-8 week touchup session will ensure long lasting pigment retention.
Before your procedure an in depth consultation will be done. Your expectations and desires will be discussed and an outline is drawn for your approval. Eye safe topical anesthetic will be applied for your comfort. As well, your eyes will be closed during the procedure, so no worries about damage to your eyes.
The entire procedure including consultation, photos, numbing, tattoo and aftercare review will take approximately 2-2.5 hours.
WHO IS EYELINER TATTOO GOOD FOR?
– Semi permanent eyeliner is particularly good for people who struggle with sensitive skin or those who cannot use standard makeup products.
– It is ideal for those who swim, play sports or do other activities that would normally cause makeup to run.
– It is also good for those with poor eyesight, unsteady hands or who have lost their eyelashes.
WHO IS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR EYELINER TATTOO?
– Under the age of 18 years
– Pregnant or nursing
– Diabetic using Insulin (will require physician’s note)
– Have an autoimmune disease (will require physician’s note)
– Using blood thinners (will require a physician’s note)
– Those with epilepsy
– Infections (localized to the area or systemic)
– Sick (experiencing cold/flu symptoms)
– Have major heart problems
– Had an organ transplant (consult with physician)
– Have skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis) or irritations (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.) in or near the procedure area
– Prone to keloid scars or hypertrophic scarring
– Used Accutane or other oral retinoid in the past year
– Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation (must wait 12 months)
– Have had sensitivities to dyes/pigments or local anesthetics (patch testing is available)
– Have ocular herpes, a stye or existing corneal abrasions/burns
– Eye conditions that require use of medicated eye drops
– Very hooded eyelids may limit the extent to which the eyeliner can be done
– Have lash extensions – must remove 1 week before tattooing (so not to damage the hair follicle)
– Use Latisse or lash serum – must stop serums 4 weeks before tattooing
– Remove all eye makeup. If you have an ideal eyeliner design in mind, bring a few reference photos to your appointment.
– If you wear contacts they must be removed. Please bring your glasses with you.
– Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, fish oil, Niacin, Vitamin E) 24 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding, which directly affects color retention.
– Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 3 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure.
– It is recommended to plan any vacations a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
– Some cosmetic procedures should be completed prior to your eyeliner tattoo:
– Lash extensions (must be removed 1 week before tattooing)
– Latisse or lash serum (must stop serums 4 weeks before tattooing)
– Lash tinting (1 week in advance)
– Botox (2 weeks in advance)
POST CARE TREATMENT
– Avoid swimming, hot steamy showers, direct sun, steam rooms, saunas and heavy perspiration from exercise for 7 days minimum.
– If the area does get wet, air dry or blow dry. Do not use a tissue or towel which can catch on the pigment flakes and remove them prematurely.
– Shower with your back to the water( or wear a shower shield) to avoid water, shampoo and conditioner from getting onto the eye area.
– When cleansing the face do not rub the eye area for at least 10 days. Instead use your cleanser (baby shampoo) on a Q-Tip.
– Do not pick or scratch tattooed areas.
– Do not wear contacts immediately after eyeliner procedure.
– Do not wear makeup on the tattooed area for 10 days.
– Do not use antibiotic ointment or anything else during healing.
– Only apply the ointment that comes in your AfterCare Kit.
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
– Many different factors affect the life of the implanted pigment, such as sun exposure, skin type, general health and immediate and long term aftercare.
– Results can last years, but most clients will require a touch-up every 2-4 years to refresh color and shape.
– Frequent smokers or those with iron deficiency anemia may have results fade sooner.
– Those using lash growth serums will notice their eyeliner fades faster and may migrate slightly from the original tattoo design. Please discuss long term results with your PMU Artist.